Wednesday 6 August 2014

Love never dies

Today I went to a funeral. It was a patient of mine, who I grew closed with. He and his wife were married for 40 years. They met during a blind date and it was love at first sight. Their bestman from their wedding spoke at his funeral. It was bitter sweet. These couple have no children but yet they touched many lives together. She retired because he had a stroke last year and Parkinson disease was progressing. I cared for this patient and today was the first time I attended a patients funeral. As I sat there in the funeral home listening about the story of how they met and how they live their lives to the fullest..I imagined what my life will be like and how the story of my destiny began and how my journey will be remembered by many. Love is a journey between a loving couple. It may come from near or afar but when two hearts belong to one another at the end of it all..it doesn't die..Each breath we exhale and think of our love ones..a smile is beaming and it gives the greatest feeling that it never goes away. Love is within us all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment